Behringer Keyboard amps

Posted by: jamman

Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/15/08 08:45 PM

How is the Behringer amps, George Kaye or Dan?More features and double power for lesser price.Sounds good , but durability can be an issue,I guess.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHK3000FX

Or small mixer + powered speaker can be a better value (more power and versatility.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHB212A
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHB215A
http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHXENYX1002FX
Posted by: DonM

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/15/08 09:58 PM

I just received two B212As today. I hooked them up to the PSR S900 at home. So far I am very disappointed in the sound. Seems muddy.
Tomorrow I will try them with a mixer and if I can get them sounding better will take then to the job.
Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Bose, or maybe I'm missing something e.q.-wise. More to come.
If they don't sound better QUICK, back they go. They sure look good though, and the price is right.
DonM
Posted by: frankieve

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/16/08 04:33 AM

I'm also a Behringher dealer and it seems to me is that Behringher products are decent.

You are getting what you pay for, so if you are buying a new powered speaker for $200 that what you are getting, it will not be as good as a $325 Samson or not even close to a $400+ RCF or FBT.

Even though the design and looks is great, they had to cut corners somewhere.

I do have to say that the non-powered mixer line Xenyx are not that bad, the FX is a little more dirty and the pre are not as clean as the others but it does the job.

My advice is to save up a little more and move into a powered Samson or Mackie mixer.

For Powered speakers, there are alot of different levels.

Give me a call and I'll go through as many as I can with you

Frank

------------------
www.Audioworksct.com
(888)
374-6076
Korg, Ketron, RCF, Samson, Mackie, Freehand MPP, DB Technologies, Behringer, Audio-Technica

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/16/08 02:28 PM

After playing with the Behringer B212A powered speakers, I have changed my opinion for the better.
First, I had to get them off the floor. Then everything cleared up dramatically. Clean, clear highs and mids, and solid bass. And they will go REALLY loud if needed.
HankB came over and we both agreed they seem to be killer gear, especially for the price.
I will take them to the job tonight and use them tonight and tomorrow. They will stay there and Hank and his trio will use them Friday and Saturday. Then we'll have more to talk about.
DonM
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/16/08 02:57 PM

Although not a big fan of Behringer gear after most of what Ive heard listening to other acts in the area use them on stage to save money, but I would really like to have your unbiased opinions on them for sure pro/con...it never hurts to look at differennt viewpoints!
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/16/08 02:57 PM

double post

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-16-2008).]

Re: Behringer Keyboard amps - 01/16/08 09:38 PM

Just got in from the job. The speakers sounded really good. A lot different from the Bose of course, but good. I didn't get to really crank them much but I was pleasantly surprised by the sound. After everybody left, I put on an MP3 and turned it up pretty loud for a few seconds.
I really think the louder you play them the better they sound.
I have no problem at all with the highs and mids. The bottom is solid and tight, but if you are used to hearing a sub-bass, it's not quite the same. Nevertheless, I feel they are keepers.
They have both XLR and 1/4-inch inputs and a multi-purpose level control that works for whichever input you're using. I used the XLR inputs from Behringer 1202FX mixer.
The speakers each have high and low e.q. I ran them flat, and also ran the mixer flat.
I e.q.d everything from the PSR S900 internally.
The Barbetta, JBL, Mackie and Peavey powered speakers all have two power amps - one for the woofer and one for the high end. The Behringer has one power amp and uses a crossover. I suppose that's one reason they are in the area of $200 each. They sure look good though, and I'm pleased with the sound also.
The reason I got them is so I can leave a system at the club and whoever I book when I'm not there can also use it, so we don't have to move so much equipment. I'll still use the Bose for parties elsewhere.
I also purchased a new Peavey PC10 mixer.
It just came today, and I am very impressed with the build quality, features and appearance. I also like the effects - very customizable. You can adjust the parameters in real time, on the spot.
I think it's too good to leave at the club though!
DonM