Sorry this is not specifically an arranger topic but, is loosely related and this board does seem to get the widest audience.

Anyway what I wanted to ask was: does anybody have any experience of the See It - Hear It / Hear It - Play It course which was written by Dick Grove and still seems to be marketed by Dirk Price Music Education Systems.

The course is fairly expensive when compared to most other courses you can find on-line, but is not that expensive when compared with face to face music lessons.

Having paid this much for a course there is certainly an incentive to carry on I have thought about having some lessons from a music teacher but most of these seem to be very piano/classical orientated. I am really looking to improve my skills in hearing music to improve my playing in/with a band context. I read an article The Importance of Musicianship by Dick Grove which really seems to strike a chord (no pun intended) with where I am at.

I would be interested if anyone has any experiences of this course or others they can recommend. Or any other approaches people have found helpful in approaching this subject matter.

Happy New Year
Paul.

[This message has been edited by paulgee (edited 12-31-2007).]

[This message has been edited by paulgee (edited 12-31-2007).]