jedi

I just scanned your posts. The thing that caught my eye was about using a laptop on it's side vs mpp etc.

If you look at the virtmus info there are footswitches for turning pages forward and backward. I don't think the MPP has that feature.

As far as using virtmus and turning a laptop on it's side using a good music stand, what's the dif between that and having a MMP on a stand? Outside of being a few inches wider. As far as playing mp3's, I have seed posts where it doesn't work the way it's supposed to and the company admits there is no fix for it.

Doing all this in the screen of your keyboard would be great, but I think it won't happen, and if it does what happens later if you want to change over to another brand that doesn't have it.

With virtmus you can do all the stuff MPP can do pretty much and you can always switch to MPP later because you'll be saving the files as jpeg or png or whatever and MPP will take those.

I personally find it hard to want to spend $900+ on MPP being that it's non-standard, what if they go the way of betamax videos?

A good laptop is able to do so many more functions such as supposing you want to start using VST's like truepianos, or any of the other software sounds that sound absolutely life like now as compared to the hardware arrangers which are pretty good, but when it comes to some of the most important sounds, it's no cigar.

Just a few ideas for thought.

t