I'm not sure about the return policy from Amazon, therefore I spent about $350 at Comp USA, which does have an excellent return policy. For me it was worth the additional money to buy it there--just in case I didn't like what I heard. Obviously, I liked what I heard.

The other thing I must stress is to have someone else, preferably your spouse, listen to the sounds generated by this system. At least in my case, she has absolutely no qualms about telling me if something does not sound good--especially after nearly 45 years of nuptual bliss.

If you're not playing to youngsters, then I sincerely believe the Z-5500 will do everything you wish and then some. However, keep in mind that speaker position is very important, just as it is with conventional systems. The speakers must be placed at least 5-feet or more above the floor in order to reach the far ends of the venue and provide some equity in sound dispersal. I recently received an email from an individual that placed the speakers on a table, expected great things and was very disappointed. This would be akin to placing your JBL12s on the floor and expecting them to reach the back end of a large hall--it ain't gonna happen.

Lots of things to think about, but lots of options as well.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)