Not quite what I was getting at Vern, but your point is taken. I've never been caught up in arranger vs "pro" stuff. It isn't about that for me. The point for me is having a sturdy instrument that feels sturdy and can withstand the rigors of my playing and transporting. That to me is what a "pro" instrument should be, arranger or otherwise.

I've played or tried many synths and arrangers over the years, and the PSR series just feels more flimsy than any of them. I don't want piano keys either, just something comparable to most of the other synths out there would suit me fine.

DJ, of course it's always best to give a new board a good workout before you try it. The 3000 might just be a winner for you. If your main problem with the 2000 series is the guitar sounds though, I'm not certain what the upgrade would mean to you. Perhaps there will be other features and sounds that make the difference. Only you can decide that.

Realsitic guitar sounds are not so easy to emulate on any board. We're getting closer with the megavoice type technology, but really any keyboard based controller is different from plucking a real string.

Musiclabs, who make the Slicy drummer and Rythym and Chords plug ins for Cakewalk and Cubase, is due to release a new software very soon, that may do a very nice job of guitar emulations. Of course, it may be hard to tell from listening to demos, but it might be worth a listen and a trial download when it comes out.

Among the most realistic electric guitar emulations I've heard up to this point have come from the Korg Oasys soundcard. They were very expensive, and I am not sure whether they are in production any more, but every now and then they seem to surface on ebay or other places.

Hope the 3k is all you want it to be DJ.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-21-2004).]