Frank,

I am somewhat interested myself in upgrading my acoustic guitar soundset. I'm going to wait to try out Musiclabs "Real Guitar" for myself, since it's due to be released soon. If it doesn't satisfy my wants, what would be some good alternatives to it ? I was pretty impresssed with a soundset I heard on one of the demos I tried, but I can't remember who put it out there.. I tried so many demos when I was searching for better analog stuff. I wish I could just play guitar better instead, but my skills just won't cut it in some of my songs.

BTW, I'd like to get my hands on an Oasys card, if anyone wants to get rid of one or knows where there is one to be found. I heard a piece with a distorted electric guitar on it, that came from the Oasys. It was one of the rare times I was totally fooled by an emulation. I'd have never guessed had I not known beforehand. I'm sure that a lot of it had to do with the skill of the player who did it too, but I seriously doubt that he or she could have made such an accurate rendition with any of the equipment sitting here in this studio.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-21-2004).]