Hi,

I've been taking piano lessons for the past few months, right now I'm still playing on my 61-key Korg PA-60, which isnt really ideal for playing piano.
So, I've been thinking of getting a digital (stage) piano.
I've been looking around the web checking the different brands and models, and I've decided to either go for the GEM Promega 2 or Kurzweil PC1X.
Personally I think the Promega has the best piano sounds, but the Kurzweil offers more sounds and features (which are important, if I ever decide to play in a band).
I have played the Promega 3 a few years ago, back then I didn't like it that much, but I used really lousy headphones, So I can't really judge it with such bad headphones.
The online demos sound pretty good, however, it seems to me it sounds a little weak in the upper key ranges, but those are only online demos.
I'll probably visit a store in the near future to check the Promega out (This time with some decent headphones).
The problem is, I can't really compare it to the Kurzweil since no store in my area sells them.
If I decide to go for the Kurzweil, I'll have to rely on audio demos and order it from Germany (fortunately they offer a 14 day trial period, If you dont like it, you can send it back).
My question is: has anyone compared the Promega's to the Kurzweils?, or do you own one (user experiences etc.)?
And how does it compare to the Fantom X's piano? (I own the Fantom XR)
If you were in my position, which would you pick?
Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Greetz ,
Marcel