Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I find this absolutely amazing. Synth_Guy has defined the meaning of a professional musician to the rest of the world by proclaining that if you spend lots of money on equipment, you must really be talented. Does this mean if we all spend millions on our systems that we will be overwhelmed by phone calls from people that wish to spend huge sums of money just to hear us perform? I'm sure that if we were to stack huge, expensive speakers on top of each other, then fire a 35,000 watt system through them, the pubs, restaurants, bars, ballrooms, etc would just bring in money by the bushel and dump it at our feet. Wow! I guess I better spend more money instead of dumping it in the bank.

Then we have a couple instant experts on audio equipment, individuals that have never seen, heard or touched a particular piece of equipment, but can miraculously rate that equipment's sound quality. "Yep, it can't possibly do the job, mainly because I said so. So what if I've never used it. I can use a bunch of adjectives to describe it and that makes me right! So what if I don't have any experience, credentials, of have even worked in a recording studio, I'm still right and the rest of the world is wrong--even though they have been in the business for longer than I have been alive." Yep, instant experts seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days. What's next? Guess they'll be on the neurosurgery BBS telling surgeons how to do a frontal lobotomy using a gold-plated scapel. Hey, it must be better--it's gold plated!

I'm outa' here!

Why all the anger, did you get offended? It is just my opinion. I think you came to the wrong conclusion. I happen to play for crowds of no less than 500+ in a live band, although I do promotional work solo. I did not mean to offend anyone, just that I feel that one should draw the line somewhere when it comes to saving money on equipment. If your gigs only pay a hundred or two than I can relate to someone using PC speakers for live performance. Where did you come to the conclusion that I am telling people what they should do and "without credentials", you are so wrong but I don't need to prove anything. Who knows, you may even be a fan. Don't get angry over comments that are made here, and don't assume things. By the way my system doesn't cost 35k.