AJ,

The 2000/2100 is a great keyboard, has lots of wonderful features, and I know several pros that still use them.

The 3000, however, is light years ahead of the 2000, and while the operating system is nearly identical, there is a bit of a learning curve, just as it was with the 2000.

As Don said, the USB and Smartmedia card storage capabilities alone are well worth the money, particularly if you use third party style files and midi files.

Lots of new sounds, new styles and a slight improvement in the vocal processor. It does not jump out of the box and knock your sox off like the 2000 did. This is because the EQ's are tuned flat as a pool table and need to be tweaked a slight bit to get gut thumping bass, crisp, clear mids, and sizzling highs we all demand for performances.

The key feel is a bit firmer than the 2000, but not significantly. For me, that's a non-issue, and to be perfectly honest, I prefer light-action keys. (I'm not a Jerry Lee Lewis type of player!)

The Tyros has lots more features, including the ability to add a hard drive, dedicated vocal harmony volume control and on/off button, and a few other buttons that I orriginally missed with the transition from the 2000 to the 3000. I added a foot switch for those functions and no longer miss them. The Tyros has more polyphony, which usually translates to larger samples and better sounds, but the difference between the 3000 and Tyros sounds, at least to my ears, are not significant.

The display is much better on the Tyros because you can tilt the relatively large screen to make it easier to see. However, no keyboard on the market, at least that I know of, has a sunlight viewable screen--they just do not exist in this media.

Good Luck on whatever keyboard you decide upon,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)