I'm considering a second hardware arranger to complement my PA80. Truth be told, the sounds are getting a bit old, and when I do live work with a friend of mine, we tend to do a mix of newer and older stuff, and sometimes the PA80 styles don't work for me quite as well as some of the Yamaha styles did. The harmonizer is pretty limited too.

So, I'm at least willing to consider the 3000, although I'm wondering if I'll like it much better than I did my 2000. Once I got my second 2k and I found it to be bug free, the key feel was my biggest issue, and I doubt that it is much improved.

Ok, I'll admit it, I can get by even with the 2k's keys if I had to, and I am not looking to open up that can of worms again... I just don't like it.

That's not what I'm really asking about here. I'd like to know why the 3k is worth several hundred more than the 2000 series boards were worth. When I look at them on the surface, I don't see a lot of difference, but my look has been pretty brief. If it's mainly about the USB and "internet" connectivity, I don't think I'm interested. Are the sounds and styles worth the difference to you ?

I'm actually leaning a bit toward the Tyros right now, but whatever I get doesn't have to be a Yamaha, but it won't be the PA1x. Anything else is fair`game. I am looking at this strictly from a performer's point of view. I don't find any arranger to be my best option for studio work anyway, so none of that matters to me here. Any input is appreciated..

AJ