Quote:
Originally posted by awarenessengine:
I've been watching this thread with some interest, mainly due to the polyphony issue, which to be honest 'doesn't exist'.

Let's be serious - there is no way you can make this assertion. The polyphony issue MAY exist in ANY keyboard with however many notes of polyphony it can support. The more notes of polyphony the instrument has, the less is the likelihood that its polyphony limit will be reached (while it is highly unlikely, it is possible to reach the poly limit on any limited-polyphony instrument).

All you can tell us is that you have not experienced this problem yourself, and good for you. I know for a fact, that on my Roland G1000 which has a max 2 samples per note, I hit the polyphony limit quite often. Of course it depends on the way one plays (not better or worse, just different styles).

Secondly, Korg is positioning the PA1Xpro as a significantly more expensive instrument than anything else on the market, except maybe the overpriced Technics. At that price point, I don't think they should expect the users to make compromises on polyphony.

As far as the ease of use goes, that is also a subjective issue. If you thought that the PA80 was an improvement over i30, then you will surely love the PA1X.

[QUOTE]The Pa1X, like the i30 before it 'might' turn out to be a much understated keyboard.[QUOTE]
That might be. But then, I might be in Philadelphia now (no offence to our PHilly members).

I will certainly give it a try, once it is out in the stores. However, I think that Korg's entire strategy of building a luxury version by adding bells and whistles while skimping on the fundamentals is wrong.

If we as the user community make Korg realize it, then there is a chance that the next model they make may address our concerns. If we are complacent and happy to eat whatever crap they offer us, they will never improve their products.