Bill, I'm sorry to hear about your property taxes. Maybe you can get a job transfer to Austin TX or Indianapolis IN. Seriously though, $500,000,000 seems a little steep to me for just an 'addition' to the existing Convention Center. For example, we here in the San Diego Calif. area are anticipating the opening of the San Diego Padres new Ball Park this coming spring. Construction is almost complete. The total Cost?: $456.8 million ($285 million for ballpark construction; $171.8 million for land acquisition and infrastructure). Since the Convention Center would just be an 'addition' you would think the land that it's on and the adjacent nearby land is already bought and paid for so they possibly wouldn't need to aquisition more land. That would save "millions" of dollars right there. Again; infrastructure would be far less than building a "new" Convention Center so again, you would save millions more dollars on infrastructure. Back to the Padres Ball Park. Here are some images of the Ball Park. Remember now, this is a 'new' structure NOT an addition. And it cost less than a Nashville Convention Center "addition"??

I'm also surprised that Nashville can't get some financial help from Federal, State, or even from some of the heavy weights that Trade at NAMM. Oh well, like I said before Austin and Indianapolis will be the winners but for you and other Nashvillians I'm happy that your property taxes aren't going to go up anytime soon.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-09-2003).]