Russ, Diki, you're both correct.....BUT, where weight is an issue, ie. when it requires frequent transport, even if you go the Nord route, what's the point if you have to lug around a 100 lb.??? Leslie. For that reason, the criterion for me is; how close is it WITHOUT a Leslie? So far, the C1 "meets my needs" in that regard, although I would definitely have a Leslie permanently in my home or on a semi-permanent job site (but only if I were using the organ as my primary instrument).

But of course, sound isn't everything. I'm guessing that guys like Tony Monaco, Joey D., et al, would still sound pretty darn good on a C1 or any other TOTL clonewheel. The lack of physical drawbars on the C1 is a little awkward, but I'm the type of throwback who only uses 4 or 5 registrations anyway, and that can be easily handled by 1 program button (120 programs), and two "live" buttons. All three buttons gives you three different presets (on individual buttons) so that at any given time, you have 9 registrations instantly available. I never fiddle with "drawbars" in realtime. I'm just saying, it works for me.

chas