Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Mike: CD Backing Track(s)?! NO! Utilizing a Pre-recorded backing track (CD, midi, or otherwise) is against my religion. I pride myself in performing all my music 'live'. I find backing tracks 'lock me in' and create too much predictability (canned) keeping me from delivering a fully live spontaneous performance. I nearly always play in 'auto accomp' arranger keyboard mode, )

Scott......you say here you you pride youself on playing live and scoff at people using smf backing tracks....then you say...you always play in auto accomp arranger mode.....but in reality acccomp backing mode is in certain ways no different. I also pride myself on my overall sound and performance to my audiences using all the tools available to me I also use both methods and also incoprporate just live piano/electric piano only on some tunes too. Scott these are just tools of the trade and I am surprised to hear you sneer at others using these formats. Honestly to me using the arranger "ALL THE TIME" sounds a bit boring and style repeatative to me versus and mixing it up with some custom 10-16 track SMF backing tracks...but thats just me and who am I? Scot this is not a slam just a curious fellow musician doing some wondering on others thoughts about this topic.

take care

------------------
www.donnypesce.com