Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:

About overall support.....hmmm perhaps I just missed the posts. When was the last time we have seen an official post from a company representative from Korg, Techniques, Casio, Kurzweil, Roland, or any other board you can name with the exception of Paul from GEM and AJ occasionally. We haven't but we have seen Steve from Yamaha answer Q's here and the Motif forum is all about the company behind the forum an answering Q's.

I have noticed an unfortunate tendency by Steve to promise but not deliver, and I can bring up several posts to back that up. It's one thing to participate in a forum and of course not every need can be addressed in general upgrades - but when a representative of any company goes on record and says they will do a certain thing within a certain time frame and then doesn't, they damage their credibility. Which is better: a silent company or one that doesn't keep it's promises?

The "disappearing/reappearing OS" of the 9000 Pro is but one example of Yamaha's internal dyslexia. I've personally also had other Yamaha reps on the Motifator.com forum promise to look into questions and then vanish never to be heard from again. So I have to agree that Yamaha treats customers like cattle across the board and perhaps more like the droppings when it comes to arrangers. Moo. If there was better products for my needs for the money, I'd gladly own them. I agree with Ensnareyou: don't expect much more than what an instrument gives you when you buy it and you'll never be disappointed.