I recently heard from an SVPworld member (Tom Patrick) who supposedly has heard from inside connections, that Yamaha is planning to release another Tyros OS update real soon (in the next few weeks). Can anyone substantiate this, or provide more specific info on the actual release date?

Most IMPORTANT (to me) is finding out whether Yamaha will be implementing (in this next upcoming OS update), the ability to trigger (via foot pedal) a continuously repeating 'fill to self' which is featured on all other current/recent model Yamaha arrangers, yet sorely absent on the Tyros.

I had initially reported this problem to Yamaha (Steve Deming) back in June:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/006671.html

In addition, quite a few other Tyros owners (including Simon Williams, moderator of SVPworld) echoed my sentiments as well, and also sent private emails directly to Steve Deming at Yamaha USA pushing for the re-implementation on the Tyros, of this important part of the 'fill self' feature. I still have yet to hear from Steve Deming or anyone else at Yamaha regarding the status of this issue. I'm hoping someone (Steve Deming or anyone else) will provide an update on the situation.

Scott