Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Soooooo, I was right. Right?
The "J" button calls up FOLDERS of registrations.

Not necessarily. The "J" button calls up the Registration Memory storage area which consists of 10 slots. These 10 slots (in the upper most directory) can be filled with the actual Registration Bank files themselves 'and/or' Folders.

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Are you SURE about the registrations Scott? So far, every time I forgot to put them in a folder - they were lost on power down. I think they NEED to be in a folder. The songs and styles however, do not.

I still assert that Folder creation is an 'option' and NOT mandatory. You can save a style, song, or registration directly into the top root directory (one of 10 slots) 'without' having to create a folder. On my PSR2000, the 'registration file' storage system works exactly the same as the songs and styles.

Uncle Dave: If your KB is actually not able to store Registration Memory files directly in the top directory (without having to create a folder), then there is definitely something WRONG with your board and you may need to contact Yamaha to 'root out' the problem. I'm rooting for U.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-25-2002).]