Hi AJ,
actually there aren't that many pads in the PSR1500, fortunately one can create their own, so that adds a bit to the variety.
Your Tyros has many more pads than my little psr.
One thing I do find a bit annoying about the system is, it is great being able to play more than 1 pad at a time, but having to press the "stop & pad" button to turn a particular pad off.
I think I got too used to the Technics system, where pressing the next pad button, turned the last one off.
I keep ending up with 2 or 3 piano phrases playing at the same time , not good haa haa.

The systems also a bit more finicky about the timing & when you press the pad button.
Don't know whether it's just the psr1500, but I find if I don't hit a repeating pad phrase at just the right time, it appears to try & play catch up for the first bar , rather than sync to the style immediately
(like the kn did), I sometimes end up with pad playing in 1st bar , then a complete blank bar, and then the pad plays again with the next bar.
I'll possibly just end up using the repeating phrase pads ( like your piano pads)and putting them into an actual style, then I won't have to worry about having 3 going at the same time (haahaa) The pad system is a great way of auditioning them with different styles.

You'd probably have some rather good phrases from your motiff that would make excellent pads for the more modern type of music?

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022