I too, reading the review, was left with the impression that the reviewer was "a little" biased towards Roland. I was especially struck by the following sentence:

“Set List” puts eight Programs at a time on the big screen, and reveals useful link functions: You can load a linked song into the 16-track sequencer, and/or a controller set for how the G talks to external MIDI gear.

This sentence had me thinking that one could use the G 70 as a master keyboard to control "external MIDI gear", but unfortunately this is not the case, because -as o3bor stated-

"G-70, at user program change, sends the bank and program changes of the sounds assigned to its internal parts; if they match (or are compatible) with your external module messages, you can control it changing user programs.
You cannot define your own bank and program change and save them into a user program; this is a typical master keyboard function that goes beyond the G-70 capabilities".

So, I am now left wondering: where does the truth lie?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 05-15-2005).]