Welcome aboard Grandpa Tom.
This is a great place to get information. And when you want opinions you will get them to....many of which will be conflicting.

On the subject of storage in the Tyros vs. the PSR 3000: It's a mute point. A hard drive in the Tyros will hold gobs of data. While the 3000 cannot be equipped with a hard drive, it has the capabilities of Smart Card and USB technology which enables and infinite amount of storage.

As to key feel: I tried both, side by side and found I preferred the 3000's feel. At least on the one I played. In all fairness, that may be because I have been playing a PSR 2000 for several years with a similar feel.

As for Vocal Harmony: I didn't get to try it on either board before I purchased the 3000. All I can tell you is the VH on the 3000 is at least as good as the 2000 and some say, much better.

Going from 76 to 61 keys will likely cause you to re-adapt your playing a bit. But, both the Ty and 3K have octave shifts for either (or both) of the two voices in the right hand, and whatever you assign to the left hand, if you so desire.

Would I be happier with a Tyros? Maybe. It's hard to imagine though because I am extremely happy with the 3000.
Eddie