Hi Starkeeper,
I hope you guys are right. I think it would be great to have a p.c. arranger.

Big problem is, who's going to write the styles. Third party styles for our keyboards appear to be pretty scarce as is , and the ones that I have come across for sale are pretty expensive. You can't have converted styles as your source of styles for your p.c arranger. I think the manufacturers a tending to turn a blind eye as far as style conversions go when it's done by music enthusiasts, but I tend to think they'd go after a software company that was trying to do the same thing.

One thing that I have noticed is the lack of new styles around for sale. Back in the 90's before the net was so popular, I could pick up a new style disk for my kn every month or two. Haven't seen a new one yet for a kn7.
Maybe the money's not in it for the professionals to make it worth their while creating them, or maybe they worry about us sharing styles which we rightfully should be paying for. Lets face it, computer software, styles etc are pretty much open to exploitation.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Starkeeper:
[B]Ricci,
I don't think the keyboard manufacturers have a choice. If one of them does it, the rest will follow, and they lose.
If they don't and, as Jos mentioned, the Dell, IBM, Compact, etc. do it then they have to follow suit, and they lose.
If neither do it, then we'll do it ourselves, and they lose.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022