Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
Awarenessengine,
You asked,"Where's the product focus?" The focus comes from the consumer/musician (not the manufacture). The musician decides what sounds, styles, drum kits, etc. are on the board not Yamaha marketing. I will never play pokas, so why is it on my board?
You asked,"Where do products like the Tyros come from in the future? Where do gems like the Trinity's, i30's and Motif's come from?". Software updates.. Not a whole new board.
Why should I have to buy a new keybed, new amplifier, new speakers, new case, new box, new manual, to get a couple of new styles and a couple new sounds, and a minor tweak of the o/s? These should be software updates, not hardware equipment updates.
Star

I agree.
Thats the same way I feel. Thats how I felt after buying my Trinity..
I got virtually the same case on my Korg i30, with the same sequencer as my Trinity, same touch screen, and yet, I had to for out an extra 2400 bucks, after spending like 4500 for my fully loaded trinity...
Imagine if I would have spent that money on a really good pc and used an arranger program like OMB?
I would have saved so much money..
Thats why im considering the PC and software arranger now, more than ever.
The only thing is that its the configuring that makes it a bit difficult.
Like midi ports and all that stuff. Thats what throws me off...
But I know that once thats in the bucket, then, its all downhill after that.

Im finishing a cd project for my sister and brother in law. Im using my trinity, i30 and VS1680, as soon as im done with it, im going to sell my stuff.... and go pc all the way..
I dont do any gigs, so Im perfectly confortable doing all my recording at home, with out worrying about carrying my stuff to gigs.

Peace,
Musikman

Musikman4Christ........