Well, I guess I dished out enough griping about this issue including a good bit toward the store that I was dealing with, so now, I guess I should also throw a little praise their way. I see now that they are trying to work with me here. The offer of the loan of a harmonizer was more than adequate for me to resolve my issues for the time being. The bottom line is that I should now be able to do my gig with all the tools I'm gonna need, which is all I really ever wanted in the first place. They simply don't have another 2000 in stock, and they are coming to the conclusion that the board will have to be replaced rather than repaired, because I think the tech acknowledged that the OS needs an update in mine, and Yamaha has told them there are no replacement chips available for delivery at this time.

Tom, I think some of the folks around here also like this "quaint" setup. In reality, the PO box thing doesn't really upset me all that much most times. Only problems like not being able to get things delivered via carrier services can be frustrating. In some ways I actually kinda like picking up the mail at the post office. Both of the local postal employees are really nice people to talk to and we have had some good conversations.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-07-2002).]