Thanks Dan for the reply, but I try to buy locally where I play and try the boards out. I have spent many hours at Alto music demoing different equipment. Still, I might have to rethink that philosophy because although they gave me what they have to use ( they say don't have any 2000s in stock and there weren't any on display ), less than 4 months after after spending my hard earned money I am basically caught between a rock and a hard place here. None of this of course helps me out NOW when I NEED my board, but it certainly gives me something to think about for future purchases. I am aggravated because of the turn over time for this repair. The last time I sent a Yamaha product out for repair ( when I had my 740 ), I waited 11 weeks for it to be returned to me. I doubt that most other businesses could survive like that. I know for me, when I had my home improvement business, I wouldn't DARE tell a customer that had just paid me for a service that they'd have to wait six weeks for me to return to replace a defective product or installation. It wouldn't fly at all. Fortunately, I rarely ever had any situations like that.

You and I spoke about why I don't order from my local Guitar Center Dan. They couldn't deliver a soundcard to me because of my address of all things. How dumb is that? I live in a very rural area where it is virtually impossible to get local mail delivery. It's a long story involving some incredibly ridiculous red tape, ( Rural carriers in this area will not deliver if they can't reach the mailbox from a vehicle ..I think I'd have a court case but that's for another forum ). UPS will deliver right to my door however. At any rate, I must pick up my regular mail at my PO box. I have to include my PO box as part of my address for all of my mail. When I tried to order, I expalined the whole thing to the guy at Guitar Center. He insisted that UPS doesn't deliver to PO boxes ( no kidding .. ). we went round and round. I told him that I HAVE to use the PO box for credit card purposes but that they could omit it from the UPS package. He quoted me GC policy that states that the UPS addy and the credit card addy have to match exactly, and he stated that they could not send me the item any other way. Finally a manager interviened and said he'd take care of it and would ship the item. A week went by... then a few more days. I called to find out what happened. They never shipped the thing, so on my next trip to NY city I stopped at Sam Ash and purchased my soundcard.... By the way, Sam Ash took my MZ2000 back after 3 months for almost full value when I got my PA80 from them.

No other company has ever given me a hard time delivering anything to me because of the aformentioned problem ( I've had PLENTY of things delivered here by UPS before )

The bottom line here is I NEED my 2000 by Saturday and I'm not sure of any action I can take right now that can put one in my hands by then, short of buying another one ( which ain't happening )

Korg AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-05-2002).]