Whether it is or not, this is what comes to mind when I play my Tyros 2 in arranger mode. In case there is no such word, just substitute "how to throw up without sticking your finger down your throat". Diki, in another thread, talks about the problem with styles (as have I) and he's right. Ditch the "Schlager" and concentrate on some modern styles......and by the way, do the styles in such a way that it doesn't sound like "Schlager" with a hip-hop beat (with strings on top). IMHO, anyone who is satisfied with the current state of on-board styles in the Tyros2 truly deserves the status of "home user". You may also squeak by if your professional musical ambitions don't extend beyond the local nursing home or perhaps the coffee shop next door to one. I know this sounds like Tyros2 bashing and in a way it is, but there has been a lot of talk lately about how to improve the arranger keyboard and expand it's market. Although the PA1x Pro is only marginally better in terms of styles (again IMO), it at least makes an effort to sound believable and thus makes up for any perceived inferiority in sound or voice quality. All the current models need to catch up in the technology department. Given that most modern musicians are pretty computer savvy, it's nothing short of amazing that they can con us into buying (at a premium price, even) this old, old technology. On a different note, someone else in a prior thread also noted that the level of musicianship, talent, and professionalism, was considerably lower on this (arranger) board than say on a comparable "workstation" board. Whether or not we want to believe it, that person was also correct. No matter how supportive we want to be (a good thing), some of the musical offerings on this board are beyond awful. I'm not suggesting that we let some of our beloved members know the truth about their respective talent level; heck, as long as they're having fun....... but I do think that we need to acknowledge that every time we strike that chord in "arranger" mode, we are playing someone else's music, usually someone far more talented and accomplished than ourselves. Oh, and one last thing, let's take those darn built-in microphones off the arrangers, it tempts to many awful singers to try it. Hope I didn't spoil anyone's Sunday.

Peace,

chas