I've had mine for 4 years now. It's become a fixture here.

I can only draw back on when I had the PSR2000 as to why I thought that the PA80 was a better fit for me. I'm not going to sit here and tell you it's better than a Yamaha, or any other arranger, but I will say that I am still happy with mine, as a real time or live performance board.

First off, I had numerous OS problem with my original 2k. As bad as that was, my second 2k was spot on reliable. So has the PA80 been. Never any OS issues or crashes.

Things I like about the PA80:

Styles sound more alive to me ( subjective )

The OS and how everything is laid out ( very subjective )

Organ, bass, reed, drum, and Synth sounds ( again very subjective )

Key feel is more solid vs PSR's ( Not only subjective, but the subject of many spirited debates here )

Good pattern editing sequencer

Ability to customize - Can modify or replace factory styles, detailed patch editing, detailed and well laid out global editing.

Things I don't like :

2 fills per style, and on a few styles poor matches to main variations.

Vocalizer ( optional ) is primitive vs what's available now.

Piano ( AC and electrics ) and a few other sounds ( guitars ) not up to par for me ( Subjective ). I think PSR is much better here.

I like the OS of the PA80 better. I know I'm in the minority here btw. I played the PSR3000 the other day, right at Keyboard City near Baltimore. I think it's a very cool arranger for the price. Nice sounds, nie styles. Looks like a very good OS. Still don't like the way the keys feel though. For live work though, I could live with the keys. In all honesty, I don't know if I could r.ecommend one over the other ( PA80 vs 3k )

As a side note, I missed DanO, as he had left for the day. Unfortunately, there was no SD1 either for me to try out, but I will be going back to Baltimore in the summer and hopefully will meet DanO and an SD1.. lol

AJ