Ok George and Yamaha, here's what is needed on the PSR10k.

1. If you are going to allow sample playback, why not make it compatible with some multisample standard. If nothing else, A5000 multisamples should be playable by the PSR10k. This simple upgrade would greatly enhance the value of the keyboard, allow much greater sound quality, and stimulate the sales of sample disks and your A5000 samplers. What is the downside?

2. Continuous controllers. The 9k provides pitch bend, mod wheel, 1 foot controller, and channel aftertouch. This is not enough, especially, if VL and AN plug ins are used. I am not picky about what continuous controllers. I would suggest a second mod wheel, a bank of sliders, a ribbon controller (or Z1-type pad), a second foot pedal. A little further out would be a USB port into which a joystick could be attached, allowing each joystick dimension and button to be assigned a midi control number.

3. Also, removable solid state (smart media) storage for samples, styles, etc. Large sizes, at least 128 MB should be accommodated.

The foregoing are three very obvious and easy-to-implement improvements. The following are a little more wishful

4. Time-invariant pitch shifting for user samples. Compatibility with sample standards solves the problem for commercial samples. However, for the personal favorite novelty or utterance, the ability to pitch shift a lover's names without chipmunking or drowning would be nice.

5. Polyponic VL synthesis at least on a plug in.

6. Weight reduction. There is no reason for a 76-note or 61-note keyboard to weigh over 40lbs. With a some effort you could get it under 30lbs. If an adequate removable solid state media solution is provided, you could eliminate the internal disk drives, and have them connect over USB.

7. Ok, I know it is too expensive, but I still like polyphonic "key" aftertouch.

Other suggestions?

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 10-06-2000).]