My KN7000 will someday need to be replaced, as you all know. I have decided to execute a preemptive strike and go to software. I have ordered the Muse Receptor http://www.museresearch.com/ .

After reading threads from Frank L, TAPAS,AJ, Rikki, and others, I think I am aware of the many problems with this approach. Nonetheless, in the meantime my arranger is alive and well.

Until such time the developers start making applications more suitable for the performing musican, I will endeavor to learn this approach, as many of you think this is the way of the future.

I am not up to speed on many basics of MIDI manipulation of modules, and would ask you good people for some help.

My Receptor is coming with a 160 gig hd, and 1.5 gig of RAM and can handle many major VST's like Colossus,Ivory,Garriton, etc.

Eventhough heavy, my arranger has extensive(i think), MIDI implementation . I can use Kontact maybe and achieve the ability to change banks and patches to use with my KB ?, or should I use a dedicated controller too. CME maybe ?

MIDI playback should be superior if I load a GM soundset. Maybe Garriton Bandstand ?

Superior lead instruments. Colossus ?

The bottom line is I will have to get through a large learning curve and put up with some drawbacks, but I need to know what VST's I would need to be somewhat compatible with an arranger style of playing, and sometimes playing over MIDI's in a performance setting.

As most of you know, Frank L is recuperating from his hip surgery, and he offered to help me later.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Bernie