Like many of you, I will use the transpose button however necessary ... to allow me to play a particular song in a certain key which 'feels' more comfortable for my hands, while singing it in a key that's more comfortable for my voice ... I've also used it sometimes after singing for quite a while and then needing to sing a song that 'stretches' my vocal range, OR if I have a slight cold or something like that ... I appreciate the ability to just 'drop down' the key at the touch of a button ... of course it's not that easy to do if you're playing with others ... AND, if you've used the transpose you had better pay attention before starting the next tune ... ...
The kn6000 transposes a 1/2 step at a time for I think up to 5 whole tones ... I'll have to check that tonight ... but as others said, be careful for the sounds ...
AND the transpose button is INVALUABLE ( priceless?? ) when backing up someone who sings/plays in odd keys ...
and let's not forget using it for the last chorus of a song just to 'kick it up a notch' ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 01-11-2005).]