I have been following the user forum for some time for Korg PA-80 along with this site.
I realize a lot of
complaints exist on PA-80forum from some users especially about PA80's "editing features".

At this point, I am quite confused a little about these posts.
I wanted to ask you all, if you
could please tell me:

If I remember right one could
- Do step recording with PA-80,
- Save any sequenced song for later use.

Since I am not a keyboard player, I was totally counting on the PA-80's
ability to help me create my songs and work around its styles to tweak 'em the way I arrange my song.
I want to be able to record the song in step record mode, and than add the cords on top of the chosen styles (intro, main a, fill-b, main-c, ending, etc...), and finally be able to edit what needs to be edited (cords, muting of some timbers of the styles section, pan of some instruments of the styles section, etc...) and save it for later use. So I can play it back for critical recording by using its four audio outputs. And this configuration will form my base for the composition, than I can add my vocals and guitar parts along with some final touches (like some strings or pads or short melodic lines, etc...)

Am I wrong on any of these points?
Since after a long search and playing with PA-80, it is the keyboard that I choose to buy.
I would really appreciate your comments
on these issue.
If not, may be I should go back to consider buying the karma!... or any other arranger keyboard that would enable me to do all those I mentioned above.

Note: It is quite sad and unfortunate that there is no dealer in Houston, Texas (the fourth largest city in the US !) that would carry any one of the keyboard I could test drive? Unbelievable, I haven't been able to find one place that would carry VA-7, or PSR9000, or 9000PRO, or Kenton Solton SD1, or GEM SK760, or VA-5 or VA-3, or KN6000, or.....You name it. And the excuse is the same; "it is too expensive to carry one!"
Does any one know that a place exist in Texas that I could test-drive these machines?
PA-80 was the only one that I could play, and I just liked the sounds and styles of it.

Thank you all for any valuable info.

F Kara