I was at the music store yesterday and the owner whom I've known now for over 20 years says to me “I've got you a gig for $200 if you want it.” Well I told him that if he could get me more gigs I let him keep the money for the purchase of a new keyboard. I still like my Korg i30, but I’m afraid it might quit on me one day. Maybe I‘m worried about nothing. Anyway this is an opportunity to get a back-up.

He's a heavy long time Yamaha dealer. However, he does Korg and Ketron also. He can get anything I want. He said $1499 for the PSR 3000 was OK with him. He tries to match the Internet price for professional musicians for the most part.

I saw the PA80 today at one of the Internet stores for $1799 and for $2150 or so at a couple of other stores. I remember that I liked the styles of the Korg arranger a bit better than the Yamahas, but before I make a commitment on anything with him, I thought there’d be more input about these boards now that they’ve been around for a while.

Is anyone familiar with the sequencing on both of these boards? I think I remember on the older PSR700 and the PSR1000 Yamahas that the sequencer left much to be desired after sequencing on the i30.

I like the 3000 better than those earlier model Yamahas. I think the styles are a bit better than the older models for my taste.

I’ll read and consider every thing ya’ll have to say on this subject. Tell me what ya’ll know. If you don’t post, by all means email me at brickboo2@yahoo.com

Thanks for all the input,
Boo