Over the years, I have owned virtually every brand of keyboard instruments.
With all the newest technology, companies are bringing us very realistic sounds.
Most of us are not in a position to A, B the "new" with the "old", but I find myself favoring selected groups of the older sounds over the new...They seem to cut through mixes better, as well , they just plain sound better to me..

I am not just talking about Roland..

As for Roland arrangers, I still find my favorite sounds are resided in the G1000 bank of sounds..and many are in the G800 bank..
The VA sounds do not fulfil me as much[with the exception of the "Scat" voices, and a few acoustic instruments] as the prior banks I mentioned..
Along the same lines, the E-600 had the best acoustic piano to me[playable with dynamics]..

The early Kurz 12[I think that was the model] with 8 bit samples was warmer and sounded richer to me than the rack series that followed..And I just do not like the newer Kurz equipment as much..

Korg, the same, the older O1/W stuff sounds much better than the refined thin sounding samples Korg uses today[that depend highly on effects]..Korg's workstations do not have the same feel/warmth that the older boards had..

Rolands older JV series were richer/fuller than the newer line of stereo sampled instruments[XV/Fantom]

Yamaha with out being specific..same thing, especially when it come to stereo samples..

If you don't believe me..go back and play the older stuff..experiece the fatness/warmth of the Roland JX10/D50/D70..Korg O1/w series...Yamaha SY99 etc..

Don't get me wrong the new stuff is great...it's just that I am missing "old" sound that we use to love...is gone[maybe sterile is the word].

Anyone have any thoughts along these lines?