Thanks all for your feedback and especially, Mike, for your offer on the manual. My e-mail address is res0314i@gte.net

Terry, I did look a OMB some time ago and as I understood it (not much)it didn't have enough flexibility on chord fingering to facilitate playing all of the chords I wanted with the PK-5. If it or Band In A Box does have that possibility, will it be just as responsive speed wise as a module?
I do have a laptop that has been very reliable, unlike my last one, so I guess I should investigate that option more.

By the way, I am using two PK-5s and juggling between the fingering formats on the PSR2000 to play what I need. That's the only way I've been able to manage getting my chord inversions with the right notes in the right octaves. On the PSR2000 there are 7 chord recognition modes. Of those I have been using "single fingered", "fingered on bass" "multi-fingered" and "A1". As I'm working out a song and come across a chord I can't get with one of the modes, I switch to another. So far I have been able to do ALMOST everything I need but have to play 3 and 4 keys sometimes with my feet to do it. As you can tell, I'm pretty much leaving the bass to the styles and usually cutting out every accomp. track except for pads,bass, and drums. I set the midi recognition channel so that the PK-5s don't actually play notes but just trigger the accomp. to the chord I'm pressing. This allows me a lot more lattitude for not having to be so precise with my feet. I don't have to be rhythmically exact and have time to "form" my feet to the chord.

George,one of the frustrating things is that the chord recognition options vary with different brands and it's hard to find specific descriptions to know which will be best for my situation. Maybe you could steer me to some info that will explain how the chord recognition functions work on the modules you mentioned. (GM Wk2 and Ketron XD3)

I have already spent far more than I intended on this project but it seems trial and error have been anavoidable. Now that i have a little familiarity with arranger systems, maybe I can get info that will allow me to know whether it will work for me and not have to sell and buy, sell and buy. It would be hard to sell the PSR2000 my wife plays it too but I suppose a module like the GM or Ketron with a controller keyboard could fulfill both of our needs. Am I on track here?

Knee deep,
Marcus