Hi! I am doing a guitar oriented one man band thing with PK-5 pedals for chord/bass/style accompaniment. Been using a PSR-2000 for the accompaniment and like it pretty well though I don't have experience to compare it with anything else.
I would like the option to not carry the keyboard and bought a Roland RA-50 with the MSL-15 Super Card. Unfortunately, it didn't come with a manual so if anyone could e-mail or copy a manual I would be willing to pay. However, just noodling around on the RA-50 I am doubtful whether it has anything near the flexibility of the PSR 2000. Any thoughts on that? How about the higher RA-90,95,800? It's hard to find info on just what the capabilities/differences of the various models are.

Could anyone suggest other modules with equal or greater functionality as PSR2000 for my application?

I also have a Yamaha QY100 that is extremely portable and might be useable if it had some thing like the "one or two finger chord recognition" systems that I could utilize with my PK-5 pedals.

Is it possible for me to use just the chord recognition function on the RA-50 to trigger styles accompaniments on the QY-100?

Any answers are appreciated as is the wealth of knowledge provided in this and other like forums. I am an acoustic musician of many years. If not for yourselves and forums like this, I don't think I would have been able to overcome the frustration of making the transition into the world of digital/ electronic music.

Thanks,
Marcus