Thanks for your reply all.

DonM:
Very interesting idea. Though, I am afraid I am a little hazy on this. I thought VCR's were for "video" recordings only, ofcourse audio/video but not audio only. I have never recorded audio on them. How would I do this? This is new to me.
So I am guessing that I would connect the output of my music gear to the audio input on the VCR, the one that a camcorder would use to record a movie for example (the red one)?
So, in essence the finished product will be a video cassette tape with only audio on it?
Furthermore, does that mean that the audio-in on the VCR is a regular audio input and not some proprietary NTSC-only audio input?
And does it have to be a "Hi-Fi stereo" VCR? I have a couple of VCRs but I think they are mono, there is no mention of stereo on them, unless I am not looking in the right place.
If I am thinking about this right, hmmmm, this opens up a little bit of a new possibility for me. Please clarify.
TIA
flowerssupply: Thanks for your wise advise. If only we could all take a good dose of it, then there would be no "dividing" boundaries of race, culture etc. I believe set boundaries are healthy, but when these are used to "divide and subordinate" then I am cautious of those who promote them.
As far as this thing that I am doing, it may just be a personal "jamming" session as DonM said, except I tend to improvise on both vocals and music.