I just took a look at the front and the back of the PA800 and I just realized they really did mess up on their wording. Right on the front, the USB jack that is clearly a "device" USB jack says "host(F)" and the USB jack in the rear says "host(R)". The other jack in the rear says "device" and as we all know, the square USB is the "Host" and the rectangle is the "device".
It seems pretty clear to me that someone in Italy got confused with the wording. If you look at a Yamaha PSR3000 or Tyros2 you see the same plugs marked correctly. Now I understand why their wording on their website and the ownersmanual is wrong. In fact, here's what it says in the owners manual:
"Host(F)
This is a USB Type A (Master/Host)connector, USB2.0 compliant (High Speed). It duplicates the USB connector located in the rear panel. Use it to connect to the PA800 a USB Flash Memory stick, an external CD-ROM drive, an USB hard disk. To acess the connected device, go to the Media edit mode."
So, they know what the connector is for, but the word for it should have said "Device(F)"

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)