Unfortunately, there is currently no daylight or sunlight viewable keyboard display available. And, that video out will not do you any good either--you cannot see a TV screen when the sun hits it either.

The only option is to shade the screen, either by constucting a hood or some other means. In this respect, all keyboard manufacturers, not just Yamaha, have really dropped the ball. The cost of a sunlight viewable display is not very much at all, and for the past 20 years the marine industry has been using them for depth finders--including the color displays. The tyros display is somewhat brighter than the PSR-3000, but it cannot be seen outdoors in direct sunlight or even in bright light conditions. Yes, you can tilt the screen, but when the sun hits it you're looking at a blank screen.

If you construct a hood, use heavy, black construction paper which is nothing more than light cardboard. This will absorb most reflective light from outside sources. The one I made looked like an air scoop for a souped up car and Velcro'd around the screen's edge so I could still reach the adjacent buttons.

The other problem is the indicator lights are also invisible in daylight conditions, so you cannot determine which is activated--DUMB DESIGN WORK!

Fortunately, the new colors (shades of silver) keep the board a lot cooler in direct sunlight, and while some folks don't think anything other black looks professional, I personally don't believe this is the case.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)