The video was a mixed bag in my opinion. I really liked the Rhodes, the Organs, the Harmonica, and for that matter the Banjo too. I didn't particularly care for the Grand Piano sound, and the acoustic steel guitar(s) lacked authenticity in the upper registers to my ears. Also the Vocalizer sounds more akin to a vocoder than it does to a harmonizer in my opinion. I thought the Drums were very good though.

I guess this thing is top secret since they didn't show any video of him actually playing the keyboard or pushing any buttons or a view of the LCD screen, etc. One reason they might have filmed it that way was the possibility of them changing some of the design or features before it is finally released at the end of the year. As a sidebar - when Korg showcased their the new M3 workstation keyboard they gave everybody an upfront and personal view of all the various aspects of the keyboard along with close up views of the LCD, button layout, etc. Even though it would be 6 months later i.e. July of this year before it will hit store shelves.

I think Ketron is being a little too standoffish in their presentation of the Audya. Case in point is their inability to inform the general public of what type of USB interface the Audya has or will have. Also not letting people get a glimpse of someone actually playing the Audya so people can see layout of the Board, the keys, the LCD screen, the buttons, etc. So what if you decide to change it later. People could care less just so long as it doesn't hinder any functionality or change the design in such a way as to be ridiculous or absurd looking.

Don't be so secretive or reluctant to let the public know about your new product. How you market your product goes a long way in how the general public will receive it. So come on, open up already.

Best,
Mike