Diki - BRAVO! You're right! Whatever floats your boat and gets the job done. I played a (sax) gig last night w/a great guitar player and his wife on vocals. Everything sounded excellent through his PA and on the break I meandered over to check out his (rack mounted) 'back up band'. Wow was I surprised! He was running floppy disk-based MIDI tracks on an old Roland midi player which was driving a couple Sound Canvas rack units. He told me he could store 3-5 tracks per floppy.

I told him about using my I-Pod to back me on my solo sax gigs and he was envious, but confident that his system keeps getting the job done. We did everything from "Brandy" to "Grapefruit" and the bass, drum, and keyboard tracks were solid.

So as much as I do enjoy reading about the Roland converts, I will keep working on my T2 until I develop my keyboard skills to the point that I can consider another board.

So for now, even if I'm in the Yammie minority, I'm happy to be able to read about all the technology and how to use it. Thanks to all the 'zoners' for keeping the arranger excitement flowing!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"