Scott-

*I'll be using my Tyros...

*Yes, I'll be using traditional jazz styles that aren't too imposing...

*The subject of a fair wage is really better called a "competitive wage." Like I said to Chony, I've usually not bothered with restaraunt jobs for several reasons, with the pay being one of them. In 10 years of performing in the Dayton area...I've never heard of anyone getting more than $75 on a weeknight. I know Dayton doesn't compare to the East/West Coast or Resorts for money. It is what it is...if I can add an account like this...as long as it suits MY needs...I think it can be a good thing to try.

*Using MIDI files were just a thought. Like yourself, I usually do NOT use them. Playing live with styles (IMO) sounds better and is more in line with how I want to play...

*They do not offer music currently...I'll be in a corner facing the main dining room. It's something they want to slowly get back into. This place is not considered a place to go to for music, so they really don't have a big history to work off. That can work for me as much as it works against me.

*I should be meeting with the client later this week and learn a great deal more about logistics and the their expectations.

...Its funny...you work on building a client base and you kind get locked in on certain type accounts. Some fit better than others based on our own individual situations. MY business is mostly Retirement Communites during the week and Ballroom Dances/Animal Clubs on the weekends. I'd really like to add a week-night gig to my regular schedule. With our daughters getting older (17, 13, 10) and my wife in a Masters program, I'm hoping to streamline my schedule a bit for 2006. I'm running all over hell's half acre, (not complaining, mind you) but, If I could shape things so that I usually work W-SU, that would be sweet.

...yes, kind of different circle for me to move about in. Hopefully, I'll have the same results in this environment as I have had in the others...

Thanks-

Bill in Dayton