I just received another PSR-S900 today. I was very excited, and I thought that lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot.

Before I took it to my afternoon gig, I quickly checked that it didn't have the same problem my other PSR-S900 has - when spinning the Data Select Wheel, parameters other than the one chosen get altered. It did seem to have this problem at first, but then it disappeared. I fooled myself into thinking it was OK to take to my gig.

My gig was a disaster. Pressing the Style Control variations would activate the Music Finder Database, and songs in the Database would get selected ruining the song I was playing. I almost couldn't go on with my show.

For some reason, when I removed the midi sustain unit that I have, things worked fine, and I was able to get through the rest of the show. The midi sustain unit merely plugs into the midi input and sends a sustain signal to channel one. This way I can have three footswitches. This pedal has caused no problems with my PSR2000s, PSR2100s, PSR3000s, or my other PSR-S900.

I got late to my evening gig because I had to rush home to switch keyboards. I took the other PSR-S900 that works in a stable manner except for the Data Select Wheel (which I am going to get fixed under warranty).

I just got home and did a system reset. Now this keyboard is having the same problem, actually even worse, with the Data Select Wheel. Let's say I pick tempo during a style and spin the wheel to speed it up, the tempo parameter disappears from the screen and the Music Finder Database appears and then on top of that window comes the Multipad menu! Sometimes, a song in the Music Finder Database gets chosen!

I'm bummed out. My retailer will of course exchange it, and I should have another keyboard by Friday, but is it going to work?

I'm getting the other keyboard fixed under warranty. I am betting it's the motherboard. Is the motherboard they replace it with going to have the same problem?

This is the 4th PSR-S900 that I have heard about that came defective.

Beakybird