Well, more.

I did a gig last weekend with a trio that worked very well. Me on acoustic guitar, Gary on acoustic guitar and harp and John on fiddle. This place was a rowdy bar. It was 3,000 to 4,000 sq ft and about 50 people and they were very loud. Like loud talking. Hell-raisers. I was very nervous about this 2200 system with a trio, I tell ya, but it came through. We had it at about 60% to 75% on the 2200. We pulled it off and everyone liked the sound.

I did not like my vocals. Too dry. I just didn't think the sound was superb. It was okay. My Behringer UB1002 has no effects and I think I prefer something added to vocals. Although, this place had concrete floor and it's a metal building. But it just didn't sound great to me. Of course, all that volume was five feet behind me and the incessant yakking and shouting out front. Don't get me wrong, they loved us. It went great.

I want to add keyboard for some songs. I'm thinking of buying a z5500. I'd really like to have a Bose PAS but I can't afford that yet. But if it's needed, that's that. I'll just have to figure out a way to make it happen. But man, if that 5500 could work...

I'm wondering... if we were to try the 5500 and we had MORE volume, that's 5' behind us... is it going to work similar to the Bose? The speaker array serving as monitors. If I were to buy the 5500, I would rather assemble them on one pole like I have my 2200 satellites. Less stage clutter.

What I'm saying is I want it loud enough for the audience but it has to be tolerable for us on stage. Apparently, the Bose does this in spades. But we're talking about seven times the money.