One of my biggest gripes with just about "every" keyboard I've owned was the reduction of sound quality when using the internal sequencers.. This was a major problem I had with the PSR's I've owned.. When using the internal sequencer, sound quality is sacraficed due to DSP limitations.... It would be great to be able to create a song on my PSR that uses multiple (I mean a lot too) insert effects... Again this was the problem I had with the drums.. They sounded great when I pressed the DSP button and the default setting "disco eq" would make the drums stand out more.... To eliminate this problem as you all know I've moved to an external drum machinen (which is kicking major butt by the way), well I honestly think to get the full voice potential out of my PSR that it's time to step away from the keyboards internal sequencer and moved to an (external)hardware sequencer.. Zoom makes a killer digital 4 track recorder that is specifically designed to synch with the the Zoom drum machine I have... The 4 track recorder is called the MRS-4.. Now don't be fooled by the 4 tracks... because each track has "virtual" tracks, which means you can get WAY more than 4 tracks out of the thing. Plus you have all the options of track bouncing, full editing, killer built in effects and a lot more... I think a set up like this would allow me to use my PSR's voices to their fullest.. Seriously think about this.... Imagine being able to create a song with the PSR's using all the cool, live and sweet voices in one composition and not having to worry about DSP problems.... You could take full advantage of that great Yamaha sound.. Now I just have to eventually talk the wife into letting me have one.. After getting the Lincoln Town Car, I think my spending has been suspended until further notice... We'll see though.. Hopefully I can get one in the future... Also people asked me why I didn't use the money I spent on the Lincoln for a new keyboard.. Well the answer to that was I really never planned on buying the Lincoln... I just got lucky with that one.. Plus my wife and I needed a second car and we cannot afford to buy a new one.. I didn't pay this Lincoln off in full either.. I'm still making some payments on it to her grandfather... Granted I really would love to have a new keyboard, but my family has to come first and transportation is a must for both me and my wife.. I just got extremely lucky to come across such a nice car for a cheap price... Anyways.., anyone else here use a hardware sequencer for any of their recordings????

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.