I am looking at Arranger keyboard or SMF with a different view.
Which is better is not my question.

1-If you wish to play today?s music you not compete without using SMF, they cover every part of a song from the intro to fills, melody lines, breaks and endings. Agreed!
2-When you use SMF there is a loss of freedom?important to some.
3-When you use SMF it is like playing with the same arrangement and the same band all the time. Tape or SMF seem to be in very much the same to me. My sax playing friend records all his SMF on to a Mini Disk, which equals a tape or a CD.
4-I use SMF for today?s music ? CD?s for some original recordings, but my love is to play with my own feeling.
5-When Misty first came out is was recorded by many different artists, different tempos and different styles ? an individual feel. My opinion is that music had to go somewhere, so the melody and harmony (chords) of the song are not normally what makes it sellany longer. Having said that, SMF are important to today?s music.

MY QUESTION ? MY CONCERN.
In no way I?m I saying that I have the answers, but I am saying that I love music, it has been my life.
Where is the pro/music entertainer going? Years ago I said that music would never be played by electronics, I was wrong. I guess I was just hoping.
1-This is not for all ? many of us are using the same SMF sequences. Some do some editing, but they all have the same flavor. And so there is similarity in many of the performers.
2-I maintain that a good talented singer/personality using SMF can and is doing as good a job as the OMB?s. So where is the musician going. More and more people are downloading audio or SMF to perform with. More and more people recognize the arrangement (SMF) that you are using.
3-And so you are adding whatever you feel makes your SMF performance sound great ?and the talented singer may have no knowledge of music, has never studied music, has not paid the price can do as good or better than the OMB.
4-As SMF become common knowledge to all, where will we go, our value has to be somewhat dimished. Where can I share the love of my instrument, and of my music.

This is not a comment to anyone on this forum, it is just about my concern.

John C.