Demoed both today AND the Roland EXR-7s.

Unfortunately it was the same sales person working there as last time!! Pretty uninterested in demoing the units for me and selling features to me, I had limited time so I was only fumbling around.

The DGX-305 was written off almost instantly with what the saleperson described as a "wussy" sound. The piano did sound great, but I put it down to a bad internal speaker system. Out of the WK3700 and EXR-7s I honestly couldn't hear that much difference between their piano sound. What I picked up on was that the Roland had a beefier speaker system with bass reflex, but still I felt the piano tone was quite similar.

Querying the salesperson further I received responses like "with 3 string tones, how many strings do you really need?" or "Roland preset organ tones will still beat whatever can be generated on the Casio" I kind of got the feeling his idea was to sell the most expensive rather than matching the product to the customer ;-)

I enjoyed playing both instruments although I think a trip to another music store might prove useful. There's only about a $200 price difference between the two instruments. Here in Australia the WK3700 is going for about $1100US (on special!) which seems to be an absolute rip off considering it's $4-500US most sites i've seen!