I have owned the psr9000 for about 8 months now and bought it at Mars Music for 1699 ... floor model. I love it ...I installed the 64 megs for the sampler and 8 gig hard drive option which psr2000 doesn't have .... the Built-In Wood Encased Speakers sound loud for small to medium room jam sessions. I have owned roland xp-80 and I'm use to 50 pounds ... gee ...my amps weighs about the same (JBL EON powered speakers). I compose and play mostly at home ... and taking it out to jam with friends isn't bad ... I tryed the psr2000 but it looked and seemed flimsy compared to the psr9000. I played the 9000 pro but I miss the speakers and I wouldn't have gotten the expansion boards for it if i bought it .. and it was 1000 dollars more.
I downloaded thousands of styles (yamaha,roland,ect) from the internet and imported them into the hard drive ... and thousands of karioke and midi songs ... it will take a long time to fill my 8 gig hard drive!
I can afford to get the prs2000 also ...but I played it in Sam Ash stores for about a week ... and I just didn't like it ... came home turned the psr9000 on and played it ... and said! "Man ... BIG BIG difference between the two models! Yugo (psr2000) to Lexus (psr9000) .
But if you can't afford the 9000 models ... hey ... you get what you pay for. All I know is what I can imagine I can play on my prs9000 ... so it's heaven for the musican in me!
I would love to get the build quality of the 9000 in the size and weight of the prs2000 ...as many on this board write ... hope yamaha is listening!

p.s. Scott ... OTS settings can be saved using the Registrations ... i have 500 registration settings ... one button calls it all up (sytle,ots,vocializer settings,Pads,tempo,ect)and I can see Names of 8 Songs in Window for each Bank of Registrations and pick the one I want ... and I can save my sytles in hard drive and registration will call it up!

I downloaded from the net a file that contained 500 registrations all ready made! COOL!

And I love the PADS! I have lots of Banks of them! Each PAD can have 4 instuments playing solo's or rythmes in addition to regular accomplaments... I can push a button and a sax solo will start ... chord sensitive! and another and guitar stum ... ect... so it adds another diminsion to my playing! And I also downloaded from the Net ... banks of Pads already made! WOW! COOL STUFF!

Scott ... I went to your homepage and played your music... GREAT stuff!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 05-31-2002).]