Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
If you like latin styles do not spend £000's on a keyboard simply for that.Styles are easily bought on the net or provided freely from other net resources with a little tweaking.

Hi everybody
Hi Spalding

The question is that Roland make styles that are really brazilian. They sound very close to our musical feeling. Korg, Yamaha, and others, don't do it sucessfully. They provide us with stuff they THINK brazilian music is. The simple fact the keyboard manufacturers situates brazilian music under the "Latin Music" label shows up how they don't know what our music really is, and how the styles should sound. But Roland have a special politcs to brazilian music, they have a different way to approach it. The result is: the best styles to play our music, brazilian
music, not "latin" music. Maybe it's hard to foreigners understand, hear, see this differences, but to us they are very clear. In the same way is almost impossible for many brazilian musician see differences between american pop rock and english pop rock, grunge and heavy metal, rock and rythm blues etc. Roland provide dozens of samba, forro, axe, choro and others good brazilians styles, the others offers 3 or 4 poor styles
I, as you, buy keyboards considering it's sound, but, considering Roland have a huge users community working and producing brazilian styles, and considering that their converted styles don't sound so good when played on others keyboards (Korg, Yamaha, etc) I want try G70 . If I will be very very disappointed, wel... maybe a XV-5080 as a tone generator could help. But it means spend more money...
What do you think?

(and sorry my english)
Marcos Vampa