Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear Mart;

I just wanted some clarification on your statements about style creation. Are you speaking about just tweaking exisiting style, or creating styles from scratch? How professional do the "from scratch" styles sound? How complex are they? and what is the difficulty factor in creating them? ( how long does it take?) Can you also create Intro/ending/variations and fill-ins?

I am assuming that they are stored in the Internal SSD? I am concerned that the 50Mg won't last very long. Do you know how much space the style took up?

Thanks
Regards;
BN

Hi BN,
independent of that, Mart will answer, I can tell to you my experience on G-70.
Create an absolute new style may be very difficult by using all individual parts of Roland
style divisions: 4 intros, 4 endings, 4 main variations, 6 fills within mode mayor, minor seventh,
8 tracks each = 432 parts! Depend on the own ability new style will sound very good,
- or less. It is not possible create events step by step, but correct, delete and insert events
follow on is possible by MICRO EDIT. Best method getting 'brand new styles' in my opinion is
combine useable parts with your own new created parts. Tweaking exsisting styles, G-70
provide countless opportunities. The 50 MB SSD contains the factory data too. So, if you don't
delete some of them, you will have a shortage storing more than 800 additional styles, I think.
Internal SSD storage to save USER PROGRAMS is necessary for MUSIK ASSISTANT use. But
PCMCIA adaptor works very fast. My old VA/G1000 styles took 6,5 MB of storage. One new
G-70 style take up to 80 KB. (Perhaps more?)
Regards Hanspeter