Good Reviews Squeak. I really like the T2's key feel too. I share a lot of your opinions on it as well, except that for me it is quite a useful board for solo live play. I've gotten quite used to navigating around on it, even though I'm the rare exception here at SZ who still prefers the O/S of the PA80 and Korg arranger series.

Still, the T2 instrument sounds along with the way it works and feels to my fingers has pretty much relegated the PA80 to a home keyboard that my kids like to use.

I was all set to check out the XS and if I liked it I would have probably made the switch early in it's run, much as I did when I went from the Classic to the ES. Thanks to the info I got here and at Motifator, I'm no longer considering the XS, mainly because of the lack of the plug in slots and breathe controller.

Pretty much the main sounds I use with the ES are from the VL and AN plug ins, and the VL board works better for me when I use the B/C with it. The rest of the time it works as my midi controller for the soft synths. I realize that a dedicated controller ( dumb keyboard as FLR likes to say ) would be better in some ways, but I like the ES' key action, along with the ribbon and breathe controllers, and with the midi learn function in FL it's a breeze to assign the adjustable knobs.

Regards,

AJ