I'll post some initial thoughs of a few of the boards:
--------------------------------------------
YAMAHA MOTIF XS:

First thing I will say about it is Wooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww!

Features: The new screen is really nice, and I think it helps make the navigation a little easier. The body color is different than the norm for Yammie. A green fish this new Motif be The extra sliders are a welcomed addition too. There are some things dropped though. No breath controller, and they even dropped "step recording" from the sequencer-that I find odd..?? Construction felt nice, as did the key action. Navigation wasn't a problem for me, as I'm used to the Motif line, but this is not a synth to take out of the box and have it tamed within a short period of time. There are some very indepth functions within the Motif OS. Like any new keyboard you just have to get used to the OS.

Sounds: Man, the SA voices sounded GREAT! I couldn't step away from this board because of the sounds. Yammie did an awesome job with the acoustic voices on the Motif XS. I really didn't notice a difference between the SA voices on the XS and Tyros 2. It was also noisy in there. For anyone here interested in the Motif XS for the acoustic voices and the Xpanded SA voices, I don't think you'll be disappointed at all... They sound amazing. The synth sounds were much better than I expected too. Editing them with the new screen is really cool

The drum kits were REALLY nice! Great velocity switched acoustic kits, and the electronica kits were quite nice too.

The Arps and Performances had me wetting my freakin pants! I almost made love to the damn board right there in the store, but had to come to my senses.........

Bottom line guys, check out the XS if you can. Also bring a good pair of headphones with you too.

TYROS 2:

Features: Nice screen, AWESOME KEY ACTION, and I mean AWESOME! I really liked the keybed on this arranger. Maybe it's just me, but I felt the overall construction could have been a little better considering the price. I like the tilting screen too. Poly is good, didn't notice any drop outs. Wheels are of good quality. Good panel layout as well.

Sounds: I thought the sounds were very good. Pianos are a little bright for my taste, but I've always felt Yammie's pianos were brighter. The SA voices were really nice. I would say that I was 99.99% pleased with the SA voices. I know I've mentioned this, but although it may sound realistic to some, the string noise on the guitars is a bit much. Someone who's not a guitar player will love them and will think they sound very authentic. I will say that when I was demoing the guitar SA voices one of the sales reps who worked in guitars commented about the string noise. The orchestral voices were great. I've always loved Yammie's orchestral voices. Ohhhhh that sweet oboe Naturally, the sweet, cool, live and mega voices were stunning.

The drums left me with mixed feelings to be honest. The newer acoustic kits (can't remember the names off the top of my head) were much better than the traditional Yamaha acoustic kits. I didn't care for the electronic kits though.

Styles: The only thing I'll say negative about the styles is they seem "too polished". It feels more like playing with a CD than a live band. Other than that I thought the styles were pretty darn good. Just need more of a live feel to them.

Overall I think the Tyros 2 was a very nice arranger. It really shines for traditional styles. Some of the modern styles were so so IMO. Nothing really jumped out at me. I really think the T2 was designed more for the traditional crowd IMO. In that department I think the styles were quite good.

Well that's all for now, need to get back to visiting with the family. I'll try to post more regarding the others, and possibly more about the XS and Tyros 2 if I can.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.